Sunday, we completed part 4 of our First Corinthians Sermon Campaign, A Purpose And Place. Pastor Boyd preached from 1 Corinthians 13 and clarified for us the true definition of love and the actions required by us as image bearers of Jesus.
9 Takeaways From The Sermon
- Without love: our gifts and works are nothing.
- Love does what God is.
- Love outlasts our short existence.
- Spiritual maturity leaves your childish ways behind.
- We are called to have the deepest love for Him, His authority in our lives, and embody the love of Jesus by our actions.
- Knowledge, faith, sacrifice are all nothing without love for Jesus and others.
- It is good that you have gifts, but if the common ground is not love then they are worthless.
- Our society has cheapened the definition of love.
- Without love our gifts and works are nothing.