Sunday, we took a break from the First Corinthians Sermon Campaign and Pastor Boyd shared about, “What’s happening next for us?” Pastor Boyd explained where we are in the life our church and looking ahead to 2015. We find ourselves in the awkward hair stage as a church, so Pastor Boyd cast vision for the necessary steps for continuing to mature and steward our resources well as we make disciples and reach our city.
Some of the highlights were our church moving beyond the 200 barrier, establishment of Gospel Cohorts, which will serve as an additional arm of our discipleship strategy as a church, and returning to one worship gathering starting on November 9. Please check out the Sermon Podcast and read this resource from Tim Keller...
Questions for Discussion and Application
- What are the next steps that you need to take as a part of The District Church?
- Gather: Are you faithfully involved in a community group?
- Serve: Are you serving? What do you need to say “no” to enable you to serve?
- Give: Are you giving? When will you start?
- Lead: Do you need to host a Community Group or lead a Gospel Cohort?
- Who are you discipling? Who will you disciple as 2015 approaches?
- Do you have non-christian friends? What steps do you need to take to strengthen your relationships?