There has been a lot going on around The District Church offices the last couple weeks. We’ve been busy planning our Christmas Eve Eve gathering, relocating our offices, and getting ready for 2015. I wanted to take a moment and celebrate with you all that has happened this last year.
- Sunday Gatherings have grown from 100 people to around 175-200 people each week.
- We saw 8 people get baptized this year.
- We’ve been faithful in our generosity of giving away 12% of every dollar towards our local school partners, ministries around the city, and church planting.
- We’ve added new staff members and leaders.
- We are a couple days away from hosting Christmas Eve Eve at the Florida Theatre.
As we look towards 2015, we are preparing and believing for the following:
- Relocating to a bigger facility.
- Growing to over 300 people in attendance.
- Developing more Community Groups around the city.
- Launching Gospel Cohorts.
- A projected budget of around $300,000.
- Launching a mentoring initiative with Family Support Services; who works with kids in foster care.
- Investing more time into our local school partnerships.
- Most importantly, we are expecting God to save more people and see lives changed by the gospel!
Here are a couple stories of how Jesus has changed lives at The District Church:
"Since becoming The District Church I have been shown what true community is, what a church family should look like, and have learned to understand that wherever I am, that's my ministry." - Amanda Gibson
"My husband Len and I have been attending The District Church for about 6 months or so. What originally drew us was the spiritual affect the church was so obviously having on our son Zach. Once we visited we could see for ourselves why his life had changed so much and we wanted to be a part of that.
From the first time we attended until now we have felt the love of the Lord through everyone we encounter at the Sunday Gatherings and our awesome Arlington Community Group.
I think one of the other big draws was the realness of everyone, and the acceptance of all who enter in, flaws and all. We serve a God who deserves our all and our commitment to show Jesus to others in the way we live our lives daily. That is not only taught at The District but modeled as well. Bottom line we are blessed to be a part of this family and the ministry it represents." - Len and Toni Norton
YEAR END GIVING
We are so thankful for your belief in our mission and vision to our city! As you consider how you might extend generosity this year, we’d invite you to pray about making a year end contribution to The District Church.
Here are two simple ways you can give:
- Online: By using our safe and secure online giving platform.
- By Mail: 1650-302 Margaret St #126, Jacksonville, FL 32204
Thankful for all that you do,
Pastor Boyd Bettis