Sunday, we launched into our new sermon campaign From Our Fears And Sins. This is a line from the great Christmas hymn, Come Thou Long Expected Jesus. Pastor Boyd examined the Christmas narrative of how Jesus rescued us from all our fears and sins with His arrival. We read and studied Matthew 1:18-25 together.
Takeaways From The Sermon
- Jesus was born in a mess. Out of chaos came the greatest hope for the world.
- God is not afraid to step into our lives right where we are and embrace our mess.
- Joseph's fear was calmed by good news.
- We can't see the hope and grace of Jesus until we see what He freed us from; our sin.
- Fear is the highest anxiety in our own minds.