Sunday evening, we gathered together for a Family Meeting at The District HQ! We loved having everyone together at our offices to fellowship with each other and to celebrate what God is doing in the life of our church! Pastor Boyd talked to us about where we are heading as a church and what to expect as we approach a new season as The District Church.
We took away four main points from the night.
1. Less about a new building, more about Mission & Vision
We’ve been talking a lot lately about moving our Sunday Gathering location. Since December last year, we’ve grown an average of 50 people on a Sunday morning. It’s exciting to see you inviting your friends and Jesus grow his church! Naturally, space is getting tight and we are looking for ways to better serve our people and the people God will continue to bring.
"BEFORE WE RELOCATE; WE NEED TO FOCUS ON THE 'WHY' BEHIND THE 'WHAT."
The waiting can create a sense of anticipation and wondering about what is next. As excitement builds, we want to keep Mission and Vision at the forefront. No matter where we end up as far as location goes, mission and vision will always stay the same. We will always be about people meeting Jesus, making disciples, and seeing the gospel change lives!
2. New Season: Things will change
As we prepare for this new season, know that things will change and IT’S OKAY! There will be systems and process that we will need to tweak, our building may look different, and how we communicate will change.
As this happens, ask yourself: are you fully bought in to the mission and vision of our church? With quick decisions approaching, we are asking for those who are currently serving, to do so in an even greater capacity.
The next 6 months, we will need all hands on deck in every area as we look at moving facilities.
3. What’s your next step?
- Gather: Do you need to commit to faithfully attending our Sunday gatherings? Do you need to get connected with a Community Group or Gospel Cohort?
- Serve: Do you need to join a serve team? Do you need to serve where you are in a greater capacity?
- Give: Time - Talents - Treasures. Do you need to start giving to Jesus’ mission? Do you need to pray about increasing your generosity?
- Lead: Who are you discipling: at home, in your neighborhood, at work, in your third places?
4. LET'S KEEP BUILDING A CHURCH WE LOVE
We want to create a church that we love to attend. We want to create a church that you want to invite your friends to. If you are growing wearing in your serving, check your heart, take a rest if you need to. Remember we are here to point people to Jesus.